Tuesday, June 12, 2007

O Praise The One Who...

O praise the One
Who paid my debt
And raised this life
Up from the dead --Kristian Stanfill (from Jesus Paid It All)

Somewhere along the way, we got lazy. We forgot who God was. We began to not care. What's funny, or rather quite sad about this whole ordeal is the fact that this is how many Christians feel. These aren't people who have never heard of God, who never went to church, or never became saved. These are people like me. People who have grown up in church. We went from the church nursery, to kid's church, to youth, to college group. And somewhere along the way, usually between youth and college or maybe before or during college, we lost it.

I'm a smart guy, or consider myself to be, so I have spent many a sleepless night and many a conversation with people trying to figure out what happened. I believe that many people are having this conversation. We are not the unchurched, but rather, we are the ones whom continue to attend church. In fact, we are on staff or volunteers whom do many of the things that make various functions of the church work. Yet, we are going through the motions.

Worse yet, we do the motions so well that no one questions us. Worse yet, we even act human at times so that we show just enough of our humanity and sinful nature, so that we seem even more authentic.

We have to fix this, not only for our sake, but for our friends, family and even more importantly, those whom do not know God so that we can help them.

We want the world to know
That Jesus is our Savior
There can be no other
We will shout it out
We want the world to know --Hillsong United (from Revolution)

1 comment:

Brendan said...

This is the constant struggle that I find myself in. What sucks is that I dont have an answer. I tell myself that each day will be different and better than the one before, but I can never shake the laziness. We have forgotten the essence of who God is. If we would tap into Him than there would be no opportunity for a dry spell. We paid our dues, so I guess that means we are exempt from seeking God...our job is to get mad when other people arent interested in Him... right?